Even the most occasional readers of my blog will know that I loved living in South Africa. I loved the weather, the land, and the people. But most of all, I loved living in our beautiful home in Dainfern Valley.
If you are moving to South Africa and don’t know where to look for a house, you might be overwhelmed with the choices. I’d like to make it easier for you: Move to Dainfern Valley!
Seriously, you can’t go wrong. There were so many things to love about it:
- It’s in a great location. If your kids go to the American School of Johannesburg, it’s convenient, but not as far out from the city as other neighborhoods surrounding AISJ.
- It’s even more convenient if your kids go (walk!) to Dainfern College right next door – which our kids attended and another reason our family loved life in South Africa.
- There are plenty of great shopping options nearby. I was perfectly happy with the walking distance Valley Shopping Centre, but now there is the newly built Dainfern Square right next door. Fourways with its bigger stores and doctors offices is just a 10-minute drive away.
- It’s gorgeous. Dainfern Valley spans two hills, bisected at the bottom by the Jukskei River. The views from just about anywhere in the neighborhood are stunning, walks along the river are spectacular, and the lush and tropical landscaping will bring joy to you every single day.
- It’s right next to Dainfern Estate (or “Dainfern Proper”), the Golf Estate, giving you access to its facilities and community but saving you from having to drive through its sprawl every day. Properties are also bigger than in Dainfern Estate. You get more house for your money.
- It’s safe. In our three years in Dainfern Valley, we never had any security incidents, yet we never felt “walled-in.” Our kids moved freely inside and around the neighborhood. It felt no different from any regular neighborhood in the U.S. – except we miss the friendly smiles every day coming in and out of the estate.
- Dainfern Valley houses are stylish, spacious, and perfect for an active lifestyle. We loved our pool, our separate games room, and hosting parties around the braai.
All of these are great reasons why I can wholeheartedly recommend the beautiful 4-bedroom Dainfern Valley home described below. Just looking at the pictures brings back a lot of memories!
4 Bed classic style home, furnished/unfurnished – Dainfern Valley Secure Residential Estate
This beautiful, classic style home has a welcoming entrance hall leading to a large open plan lounge and dining area with a centered fireplace making it cozy for chilly winter evenings. This area has two custom built servers/cupboards, one of which contains a wine cooler.
Through foldaway doors, the lounge leads out to an undercover large enclosed entertainment room with a built-in wood fire barbeque/braai area which can be opened with sliding doors during the hot summers. This in turn leads out to a beautiful and ample sun deck, a swimming pool (6x4m), and a lush garden area.
There is another playroom/sunroom area that leads out to another part of the deck under an adjustable shaded pergola that joins on to an alternative dining/lounge area placed right next to the large classic style spacious kitchen with granite tops.
The kitchen has ample cupboard space and a central island and leads to a separate scullery which houses the dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer spaces as well as additional cupboards for storage. This scullery also has direct access into the large, spacious double garage. The driveway allows for an additional 6 vehicles to park within the property’s perimeter.
From the back door of the kitchen you will find a beautiful water feature, with built herb & veggie garden boxes and a lemon tree. A wooden toolshed to the left makes this space nice and private and gives you a place to keep all garden related equipment.
To the right of this area is an additional flatlet with one en-suite bedroom with shower, toilet & basin, and a kitchenette lounge area. This can be used as an additional guest suite or for live in staff, should you employ a domestic.
And that was just the downstairs!
Upstairs, the home offers 4 double bedrooms, of which 2 are en-suite and two of the bedrooms share one large bathroom. The master bedroom is extra spacious and offers walk-through closets to a beautiful full bathroom with bath and shower, and also has a large balcony with beautiful views over the landscape. There is also a study/gym area upstairs, offering extra space if needed.
With all of this on offer, this is your ideal family home!
Triscan Place 2115 is a beautiful family home situated in one of Johannesburg’s finest upmarket, secure estates and located next to the popular Dainfern Golf Estate. If you value privacy, spacious homes, and lush surroundings, Dainfern Valley is the right estate for you and your family. It has beautiful walking routes, along the river and in the estate and with direct access from the estate into Dainfern College – ideal for children of all ages.
Please email, text, or call Lanie or Willem if you are interested in this home.
Email: email@example.com Lanie: 0829902003 Willem: 0843269941
This is a sponsored post. Opinions about Dainfern Valley are entirely my own.